For more than 50 years, contractors around the world have relied on the Sonotube brand of fiber forms for cost-effective column form setting.
- Rain-resistant technology keeps wet weather from impacting your pour.
- Easier to setup and brace.
- Superior strength-to-weight properties prevent blowouts, during concrete form setting.
- More effective concrete form setting.
- Easy to cut and drill at the job site.
- Heat resistance eliminates form deformation during the pour.
- Sonoco manufactures and distributes Sonotube brand concrete forms throughout North America, minimizing lead times.
- No cleaning, reassembling, or return freight costs.
- Set and pour multiple columns at one time.
Sonoco has leveraged over a century of paper-making experience to re-engineer its Sonotube concrete column forms. The outcome is a proprietary fiber form with improved strength, toughness and durability in wet conditions that has resulted in superior strength-to-weight properties and the virtual elimination of "blowouts" – the most frequent mode of failure of wet fiber concrete tubes.
See our size chart for different sizes and specifications.
If you haven't used a Sonotube concrete column mold, you haven't discovered the most economical way to create a diverse range of columns or posts.
Because our concrete column mold can be cut-to-size on the job site, it is one of the most versatile construction products on the market. The following list includes some of the more common end uses, but it's not anywhere close to being all inclusive:
- Columns for residential and commercial buildings and other structures.
- Outdoor sign, light pole and fence-post bases.
- Footings and concrete column molds.
- Stub piers for elevated ramps.
- Flagstones and round steps.
- Theatrical and movie props.
- Super-sized shipping.
- Other concrete column molds